Our calibration laboratory can offer complete services for spring manufacturers and users.
We have equipment for testing instruments and management of samples.
The MicroStudio calibration laboratory technicians, other than calibrating the measurement systems, check all the sensitive aspects of the instrument; this is the only way to ensure total reliability and suitability for use of the tool.
The services offered are as follows:
Our calibration laboratory is accredited according to standard ISO/IEC 17025 (Centre LAT 269).
We can provide certificates of calibration for spring testing machines according to the accreditation field:
- Load measurements in compression and traction, from 3N to 25kN according to standard UNI EN ISO 7500-1:2018.
The calibration laboratory can issue calibration reports with metrological reference to samples for a vast range of instruments and measurement sizes.
The Calibration Report (non-accredited) can be a convenient solution also for load measurements where a higher guarantee is not required given by the supervision and approval of Accredia.
Our samples allow us to issue calibration reports for the following fields:
- Load measurements calibration for spring testing from 0.2N to 500kN
- Measurements calibration of length from 1mm to 1000mm
- Torque tester calibration for springs from 0.005Nm to 100 Nm
- Camera measurement tools up to 700mm
FAQ MICROSTUDIO CALIBRATION LABORATORY
The proper measurement of your test equipment guarantee the products you sell are in accordance with the technical specifications.
The test procedure is linked to a fairly complex system of international gauges determining the measures taken with periodically checked equipment are reliable and comparable.
If you want to demonstrate to your customers your products are in accordance with the technical specifications, you should firstly demonstrate the measuring means you are using are reliable.
– The ACCREDITED test provides a CERTIFICATE of Calibration, which is an official document recognised by all international metrology organisations. (EA – IAF – ILAC).
This certificate can only be issued by an accredited laboratory under control of Accredia (Italian organisation for Accreditation), which thoroughly checks:
- The procedure and the working mode
- The instruments
- The training of the operators
These checks confirm the competence of the Laboratory and the reliability of the tests performed. However, this procedure generates costs.
– Non-accredited Calibration gives a Calibration REPORT, which can be issued by a Laboratory not fulfilling the above criteria. In fact, almost anyone can conduct non-accredited Calibrations, but certified gauges must be used (load cells, weights, gauges…) Non-accredited Calibration can be carried out thoroughly and be reliable, but this depends on the Laboratory that does the job and the control the customer can have on the operation.
There are 2 major issues:
- The Certificate of Calibration is internationally recognized.
- An Accredited Laboratory is a proof of reliability.
The accredited certificate of calibration can only be issued a Laboratory fulfilling the criteria for the equipment checked. The list of these Laboratories is available on ACCREDIA’s web site.
The MicroStudio ACCREDITED service
The range of loads of the equipment that can be checked and certified by MicroStudio ranges from 3N up to 25kN.
The machines concerned are:
PMZ, MXM, PMA, MC54, and similar. Also equipment from other machine manufacturers for spring testing, extension testing, load testers.
NOTE: for MicroStudio equipment, Calibration also includes the LVDT check, but for this one only a report of control can be established.
The MicroStudio NON-ACCREDITED service
For the instruments listed above, MicroStudio can provide a NON-ACCREDITED Calibration, for those customers not needing a Certificate of Calibration.
Besides the equipment for load measurement, MicroStudio can conduct non-accredited Calibrations for:
- Torque testers PTZ, PTX, PTM and those of other machine manufacturers.
- Vision equipment LED2D, LED3D, LED4D, CAL, profile projectors of other manufacturers
Note: to check equipment of other manufacturers, verification has to be done first.
What is the difference between ACCREDITED Calibration and NON-ACCREDITED Calibration conducted by MicroStudio?
MicroStudio decided that for all calibration performed (Accredited or Non-Accredited) the procedure will be the same except for minor details, thus providing good reliability to the customer.
The main difference for the customer is the Calibration Report (with the ACCREDIA sticker on the document) or the Calibration report.
- During the operation, the technician can do set-ups or maintenance: Planarity, parallelism, internal machine cleaning, and so on…
- All the functions of the equipment are checked and, if necessary, a specific technical call is scheduled, as the technician doing the machine calibration cannot solve all the possible problems. Sometimes a specific technician must go to the customer to fix the problem.
- At the end of his service the technician makes a verbal report to the customer and puts all the stickers on the tested machines.
- The various reports are made within 2 or 3 weeks after the service and available on the Cloud, in a reserved area.
- In the Cloud it is also possible to contemplate the various certified means used by the technician (load cells, gauges, weights).
- We are the unique Accredited Laboratory checking spring testing equipment and MicroStudio Lab is listed on the Web site of ACCREDIA as such.
- The most important advantage, when we conduct a calibration service, is that our technician can check all the sensitive points of the machine.
At the end of the service we can guarantee the instrument meets all the criteria for which it was designed, it is in perfect condition to perform tests. If necessary, we can recommend further assistance if a problem is detected.
Our service is not limited to calibration, as we do more. If a load cell requires setup or an alignment, our technician does it, the LVDT is also checked, motorisation too…
- For all calibration (ACCREDITED or NON-ACCREDITED), we use the same procedure and standards.
- As we are designing and manufacturing spring testing equipment, we have the complete knowledge of the machines, we can conduct a complete service and, if necessary recommend improvements, software upgrades and so on.
Measurement and spring testing service
MicroStudio can also offer a measurement and test service for springs using reliable instruments and test methods, with test report issued.
This service is useful in the event of disputes or if a suitable instrument is not available.
We can take the following measurements (on testing feasibility by the laboratory):
- Traction and compression spring measurement
- Load measurement up to 25kN
- Fatigue testing for springs with load up to 6kN
- Torsion springs and profiled wired measurements
- Torque measurement up to 100Nm
- Fatigue testing for springs with load up to 5Nm